Follow
Read More
Send: That's awesome.
(2)

There is a song for everything!
This morning before noon, I've seen fire and I've seen rain.
The rain lasted 15 minutes and was a surprise to weather forecasters.
The fire was after that, and it has been knocked down already.

James Taylor wrote: "I've seen fire and I've seen rain", lyrics here:

"Just yesterday mornin', they let me know you were gone
Suzanne, the plans they made put an end to you
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song
I just can't remember who to send it to
I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again
Won't you look down upon me, Jesus?
You've got to help me make a stand
You've just got to see me through another day
My body's aching and my time is at hand
And I won't make it any other way
Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again....".

When James Taylor wrote the song, it was after finding out his friend had committed suicide 6 mos. prior.
When he says "My body's aching and my time is at hand", he needs a fix of heroin.
(5)

I love that song Send!
(3)

I've been feeding my squirrels, birds, ducks, deer, etc. for about 18 months now.
I have feeders in the trees along with some nut rings, corn and such attached to some hanging driftwood that they love to hang on. And some dishes on my lanai right next to my sliders. My two Maine coons love to stick their noses on the glass doors as the squirrels jump to them. Two squirrels, Pippy & Pepper are always out playing in my plants and burying their nuts any possible place they can. When I get up, the first thing I MUST do is open the blinds so my kitties (Jackson & Sissy) can sit on the sills and watch the squirrels digging up all the nuts they buried the day before.
I speak & sing to Pippy & Pepper all the time and they stop and listen. Well this morning I opened the blinds & Pippy seen me and just hopped right up into the palm tree by the window to say "hello". She stood there until I opened my sliders to give her some pecans. Just made my day!
(9)

Blue,

So sweet! I love nature too.
(1)

Send,

Ahhhh, those songs bring back memories of our youth and all of the albums that we owned!
(3)

Every night before my moms bedtime I pray with her and sing a very special song. I have been doing that for almost twenty years Tonight my foot was hurting so I told my mom I would be back I needed to sit a bit. Well she was fast asleep and I started singing" you are my special angel", she woke up with the biggest smile and said that is nice. Now she is fast asleep once again, and it is now 10pm. My sweet angel.
(4)

EB: Your mother AND you are such sweethearts. What a precious story.
(4)

EB, your mom and you are very blessed and such an inspiration.
(1)

Today I took my mother to a Lavender Farm and it was so lovely. I picked a bunch of lavender and the owner did not think I picked enough for my mom so he went out and picked her some more and fixed it up so nice with purple paper and a ribbon.. It is her favorate scent. The owners served purple and chocolate cake with lavender lemonade at no extra charge. When I went to check out to pay for the gifts I was told by both the picked lavender and lavender spray was on them for my mother. Wow they were so accomadationg. We all left with a smile on our faces and content as can be. Mom had a great day. She loved her cake too. We will be back in September to do more business but not at their expense. I do appreciate it, though. Such sweet and kind people.
(8)

EB: That was very special.💜
(2)

Geaton
I am treating myself today with my Christmas present from my cousin. I am going for a facial at a well known skin care beauty school. I am so looking forward to this special treat. I used to get them often when I was working which was over 20 years ago. I choose this over going to lunch. Geaton you are such an inspiration!
(2)

The facial was wonderful and so relaxing and I also had a back facial with deep massage. The total for three glorious hours was $48 summer special that was with 20% off. I just love a bargain.
(5)

So wonderful, keep these favorite things going!
Everyone here is so special.
Thank you for sharing some good thoughts!
(2)

EB, what a smoking hot deal.

So glad that you had a relaxing, pampering time.

Sounds luscious.
(2)

EB: That sounds so wonderful. I have never had a facial. Does the back facial relieve any arthritic pain? I'm starting to have some in one shoulder.
(1)

Llama, I have arthritis in my back from an old injury and it was so relaxing and muscles are less tight. I slept like a baby last night, No aches and pains this morning. I want to book another around the end of August and perhaps an advanced treatment of some kind.. I think you it would be beneficial for you. I tend to have tight muscles around my upper back and shoulders probably from stress but I do feel the difference.
(1)

Having a quiet morning and istening to my classical music. Mom is in her bed smiling and about to go to sleep. I asked what she would prefer a bath or sleep a little longer. Guess what? She wants to sleep a little longer. I think she is trying to get out of her bath. It so nice to see her content. I am still in my pajamas but that is just fine. What a differnece it makes when you get a good nights sleep. We might take a walk today and go in the pool and have a cookout. Have a great day everyone!
(5)

Llama, I would get a facial. You will love it and it is such a treat. My skin feels so smooth and it looks brighter. I love the massage after the treatment. Go girl and pamper yourself.
(2)

EB: Thank you! I may try to get my first facial before I turn 75 in less than six months. I am glad that you could benefit from one. Sleep issues are not fun.
(2)

Blue Moon
(2)

That's what happens when you drop your pants in the winter, right?🥶🤣
(3)

I accidentally drank disappearing ink.
So I am sitting in the ER now,
waiting to be seen.
(6)

Blue Moon: Aug 22 (third Full Moon in a season with four Full Moons).

Actually, I was thinking of the song.
(2)

Sis and I were at nephew #1's place to babysit so he and his wife could have some one on one time away from the kiddies (yes it takes two and BIL was busy). Baby E is now 1 1/2 and in the past has shown her dislike for both sis and I (she likes the men better!) but she was a good little trooper😌. Little N is almost 4 and he didn't like calling me auntie C because I'm old like grandma, so he eventually came up with grandma auntie 🤣🥰.
(5)

cwillie, sounds similar to Dolly Partons nieces and nephews. They call her Auntie Granny since she raised some of her siblings.
(2)

My mother turned 99 yesterday. We went to a beautiful hotel in Maine for a few days. It was lovely. Mom did well.We picked out her birthday cake together. It was a lemon and rasberry cake with buttercream frosting.It was such a beautiful cake with yellow, orange, green and dark pink flowers with a light yellow base. Ocean view throughout most of the hotel with a huge salt water heated pool. This is one of our favorite hotels. Service was excellent.
(8)

Earlybird,
Happy Birthday Mom!
(2)

I'm still thinking about that cake....😋
(2)

Hi Send,
I told my mother you wished her a Happy Birthday and she smiled.That was sweet, Thank you!
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter