Follow
Read More
Hello cwillie,
The cake served 12 people and only one small slice left from the four of us. Delicious tasting cake.
(1)

EB: Happy 99th Birthday to your mother. That trip to Maine must have been great.🎂
(1)

Hi Llama, the trip was wonderful. Nothing like the ocean to unwind. Thank you very much for the birthday wishes. I will let my mom know when she gets up this morning.
(1)

Going to the beach for the day with my mom and family. Looking forward to sitting on the beach, relaxing and having some fresh seafood. Cancelled all nursing, staff, chef for the week. Yay!!
(3)

EB: You AND your mother are very welcome. Which beach are you headed to? Chances are I am familiar with it. My late mother's favorite beach was Goose Rock's in Kennebunkport, ME.
(1)

Update beach
We took my mom to the beach yesterday. It was wonderful. We had fresh seafood, sat on the beach, took a walk, and we all watched the fireworks. It was very nice and warm before the fireworks but got a little cold after. My mother had two warm blankets on and wanted to stay for the fireworks. People were so nice, and most stopped to say hello and wish her a happy birthday. It was a great day, indeed. Boy just a few days off from all the hustle and bustle of every day life I feel so refreshed and relaxed.
(5)

Llama,
We went to Kennebunkport Maine at the Colony Hotel and then off to Hampton Beach. Both are favorites of mine, but Hampton is special because as a family we went every summer on vacation. Those were the good old days.
(1)

EB: I'm glad that you had a great time at Kennebunkport, Maine and Hampton Beach, New Hampshire. I am familiar with both. My mother loved the ocean.⛱⛱
(2)

Enjoying a hopeful future outlook that I will someday be able to return to the beaches in Southern California for a visit. We are so close.

I am going to put that on my non-existent "bucket-list". (joke).
I don't have a bucket list, and not even material possessions that bring me JOY.
If I threw away things I am using that don't bring me joy, joy, joy, ..........Lol.
(2)

Nephew #2 told his mom that he went outside of town and watched the northern lights for about an hour last night, his SO preferred her beauty sleep 🙄.... I have only ever seen them once here in southern ontario.
(4)

That is one thing I hope to do before I die. See those northern lights in person. How fun for your nephew.
(3)

Lyrics
I see trees of green 🌲
Red roses too 🌹
I see them bloom 🌻
For me and you 👫
And I think to myself 🤔
What a wonderful world 🌎
I see skies of blue ✈️
And clouds of white ☁️
The bright blessed day 🌞
The dark sacred night 🌃
And I think to myself 👤
What a wonderful world 🌏
The colors of the rainbow 🌈
So pretty in the sky 🌤
Are also on the faces 😊
Of people going by 🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🚴🚴‍♂️🚴‍♀️⛹
I see friends shaking hands 🤜🤛
Saying how do you do 🫂
They're really saying 🗣
I love you 💞💞💞
I hear babies cry 💦
I watch them grow 🐎
They'll learn much more 📖
Than I'll ever know 🎶
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world
Ooh, yes

"What a Wonderful World"
Louis Armstrong
(5)

The smile on my wife’s face when I tuck her in bed for the night and tell her “I love you!”
(5)

hallah: You are a blessing to your wife!💛
(4)

Llamalover47, thank you.
(2)

My seven-year-old grand-nephew came for a quick visit. His dad was working on the books at home today and he's going to take a break to watch a movie with the kids (home on fall break) but they're out of popcorn! So little J popped on down to my house (next door) to get some. He counted out seven bags, gave me a kiss, and was out the door. He was so excited about a family movie!
(4)

hallah: You're very welcome.
(1)

Where is the chocolate?
(3)

Not at my house 😭
(4)

Today might be a chocolate sort of day....
(4)

Isn't every day a chocolate sort of day? I mean seriously - if you're happy you need chocolate to help you celebrate, if you are sad you need chocolate to console yourself ...
(I hope yours is the celebratory kind of day!)
(5)

mmmm, chocolate
(4)

cw: True that.
(2)

Chocolate....mmmmmmm I'm getting better. I don't scarf the whole chocolate bar anymore. I put one piece in my mouth and savor it. Ahhh........
(3)

Well, the chocolate covered almonds are gone now. I really needed the fiber in the almonds. I stopped just before the arsenic in the almonds killed me. Lol.

I think that chocolate can cure pre-syncope Llama. Hoping you feel generally better, much better.

Everyday should be a chocolate day. I guess one could make that happen if you ate only one piece and savored it.

Chocolate is a favorite!
(3)

Send: It's a chronic health condition. Thank you, though. I don't know about chocolate curing it. You're joshing, right?
(2)

Llama,
Wishing for a cure, any cure for you.
There is no actual evidence for or against chocolate being a cure. So, you are right. Apologies.
(2)

Send: No problem and thank you.
(3)

The news cycle over the holiday break can be an endless round of reruns and the year in review stuff which is frustrating for a news junkie like me, but the beautiful pictures of the first newly born babies of the year always make me smile 💖
(6)

I love toasted cheese sandwiches with real colby cheese, ribs, a good steak. Jimmy Dean sausage sandwiches, Popeyes chicken. Watching the birds at my bird feeder. Seeing my nervous rescue dog relax and enjoy herself. Being ambushed by my cat. Watching nature movies. Gaming on my computer. Seeing my husband laugh at my jokes. Taking my glasses off so I can't see the wrinkles in the mirror. Watching Bondi Vet, disaster movies, documentaries. Walking in the woods. Putting candles around my bath. Christmas lights all year round. Japanese teapots. Grazing on Deviant Art. Grazing on the internet. Imgur for funnies. Curious things and trivia. Oh, those tiny M&M's that come in a tube, also mini chocolate chips and mini turtles, Bobs Sweet Stripes mints. And oh goodness, I left out 5 cups of coffee each and every day, sometimes with Kaluah. I'm sure I'm leaving something out. (grin) I'll be back . . .
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter