Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I can not remember what we gave the kids for their teeth Send, probably a loonie or a toonie (surely we were not so cheap as to leave a quarter🤔)

But when I was looking after my g-niece and g-nephew I was remembering all kinds of things I had forgotten... like birthday spanks, one for each year. Plus a pinch to grow an inch 😆
(3)

Yes! I have participated in the birthday spanks and the pinch to grow an inch.
But I had to look up a loonie or a toonie, in Canada!
So sorry, ignorant here.
All I knew about were Loonie Tunes.

"Toonie" is a portmanteau word combining the number "two" with the name of the loonie, Canada's one-dollar coin. Two loonies would be equivalent to one "toonie", hence the name. It is occasionally spelled "twonie" or "twoonie", but Canadian newspapers and the Royal Canadian Mint use the "toonie" spelling.

In America all we have are Looney Tunes. Lol.
Looney Tunes Cartoons is an American animated television series developed by Peter Browngardt and produced by Warner Bros. Animation, based on the characters from Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies.[2] The series made its worldwide debut at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival on June 10, 2019,[3] and premiered on HBO Max on May 27, 2020.  Characters are Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Tweety bird, Yosemite Sam, Tom & Jerry, etc. Oh, and there is Porky Pig who stuttered, "TTTHAT'S all FFFFOLKS!

Oh my, cannot believe I said that....
(2)

Remembering that things were not always this confusing, that people used to be able to say what they meant, and it made sense to others.

I am going to hold the line on common sense. If someone says nonsensical things, I can ignore them.

Looking for still beautiful thoughts, words, and actions. Ways to show others that we still care.
(5)

Some of my favorite things:
A evening of a Hot oil bubble bath by bees wax candle light, glass of semi dry red blend wine, can't put down paper back book with soft easy listening music in the background as I "relax my worries away".

Favorite movie line:
Tremors, Burt Gummer "I'm not paranoid I'm just prepared!"
(3)

In a world of lawlessness, be kind.
(4)

So many clocks!
Going from one room to another, some clocks have not been set back yet.
Some clocks have automatically set themselves back (The computer).

The phone had to be reset by calling ourselves.

My watch was way out of sync with the current time. In fact, the battery was dead and I had not noticed.

The clock in the car should be okay now, since we never changed the time last March. Not a problem because the sun was so bright, I could never read it anyway.

I am hoping that's all the clocks that need to be reset, just so there is no alarms going off at the wrong time, and no confusion.
(3)

Tiramisu.

Sharing time with loved ones.

No more triple digit temps for months! Woohoo!
(4)

Rascal Flatts sings:

It's like a storm
That cuts a path
It breaks your will
It feels like that
You think you're lost
But you're not lost on your own
You're not alone

I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
If you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go
(3)

chocolate...
i like it a little too much.
(1)

brussels sprouts...
i dislike it a little too much. (and the fact that i dislike it makes me happy, so it still counts as 1 of my favorite things).
(2)

Shortbread cookies.
And premium factory made ones like Walker's are just as good as home made (sometimes better).
(4)

Love Walker's shortbread cookies.
(4)

A squirrel came by today, up to my sliding glass door. So cute, so wanting some food, and responded to my voice, begging, and doing a good job of it.
Someone has been training it, feeding it.
I grabbed a few pistachios and it came back. Not exactly peanuts!

Reminds me of Ratatouille we fed for a year, and he left. We decided to stop feeding the squirrels because of possible fleas. It's been about 2 years.

Dh was out all day, comes home, picks up the nuts without saying a word.

I know that if he did not live here, I would be happy as the squirrel lady. But only one tree squirrel, no ground squirrel rats. I would never be lonely.

However, it is best to not have wild animals at your door.
(5)

I just saw an add for Licorice Allsorts. This is the one candy that rivals chocolate for me, it's dangerous to bring a bag into my house because once I have one I just. can't. stop.🤤
(5)

🥰 

"My three favorite things are eating my family and not using commas."
(3)

🥰 

"Go without your favorite thing for 3 days. Then go without sleep for 3 days. Turns out your favorite thing is actually sleep."
(8)

A few of my favorite things: a fountain pen, a beautiful journal, time to reflect and write, pretty scrapbook paper, actual printed photos of my granddaughter, Christmas music, and ,of course, anything chocolate.
(4)

Teacher: I agree about the writing tools.💛
(0)

It is today!
(0)

My husband and I lost two loved ones in 2022.
Knowing that one is in heaven now is comforting.

If I had only known the last time would be the last time
I would've put off all the things I had to do
I would've stayed a little longer, held on a little tighter
Now what I'd give for one more day with you
'Cause there's a wound here in my heart where something's missing
And they tell me that it's gonna heal with time
But I know you're in a place where all your wounds have been erased
And knowing yours are healed is healing mine
The only scars in Heaven, they won't belong to me and you
There'll be no such thing as broken, and all the old will be made new
And the thought that makes me smile now, even as the tears fall down
Is that the only scars in Heaven are on the hands that hold you now
I know the road you walked was anything but easy
You picked up your share of scars along the way
Oh, but now you're standing in the sun, you've fought your fight and your race is run
The pain is all a million miles away
Is that the only scars in Heaven, yeah, are on the hands that hold you now
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, for the hands that hold you now
There's not a day goes by that I don't see you
You live on in all the better parts of me
Until I'm standing with you in the sun, I'll fight this fight and this race I'll run
Until I finally see what you can see, oh-oh
Is that the only scars in Heaven are on the hands that hold you now.

Song by Casting Crowns
(5)

Send: Sorry for your loss.
(2)

Thank you Llama, so sweet of you, always supporting everyone.
You are appreciated, my late night friend.
(3)

(((((Send)))) Big hugs to you! Always.
(2)

Thank you Gershun!
I remember when we all would be staying up much later and posting.
Now it is just waking up at all hours of the night and I do better shutting off
the computer early. A self-discipline so I can get more done earlier in the day.

I am happy to still be able to make changes that will improve my life.

I do miss the late night posters.

Hugs to you too Gershun! 🧸️🧸️🧸️

Wonder who is staying up late at night now....
(1)

Almost 2am. here. Hello to whomever is still awake on here.
(4)

Hi gershun - how are you?
(3)

Send: You're very welcome. Thank YOU for your kind words.
(2)

Hey Golden, I just posted and disappeared again last night. But as to how I am.

Well, I went to my Orthopedic follow-up appt. yesterday. I wasn't pleased. I really don't care for this doctor. She barks and doesn't listen. It's a long story how the appt. went but I'm too tired to explain. I am starting to put some weight on my foot but it is still ailing me. I went to my first physio assessment yesterday. A physio place I selected cause it's close. I was impressed with the guy. He was very thorough and nice. I just completed the exercise homework. Man.........I'm tired. By the time I finished all the exercises and repetitions an hour had gone by. I feel like I just ran a marathon and all I did was some stretches. I guess I'm in bad shape. The bad foot side of my body has so much muscle atrophy. It's gonna take some time.

Thx for asking Golden. How are things with yourself.
(4)

It will become my favorite thing to come here if ever I am up very late at night, or wake up at 3 a.m., 4 a.m. etc.

It is only 10:30 p.m. now, but feels like the tired times of 2:00 a.m. in the past.

Except for a welcome break in the rain (yeah, it is now called an atmospheric river), not much is happening here.

I did read somewhere that persons with a diagnosis of ADHD or ADD (similar to Aspergers) who have sleep issues can get help by drinking a little coffee at night. I don't have those as a diagnosis, but coffee at night does put me to sleep occasionally. The opposite of 'normal' people.

It would be bad to try some coffee at night, and find yourself awake instead. Especially when you are already sleep deprived.

Hello and a goodnight to all you late night good people of 2023!

Llamalover
Gershun
Golden
Bandy
(8)

Looking up the next atmospheric river coming too soon to my area. That is what "They" are calling rain these days.

***Darn! there is a small craft warning! ***

I won't be able to take my row boat out to rescue anyone in the flooded areas.
Guess I will just have to stay home, content to float my rubber duck in the bathtub.

(just joking).
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter